Friday, March 20, 2009

Púcon





This last weekend we traveled 12 hours by bus through the night to Púcon with the organization. It was one of the best weekends I have ever had. We spent the weekend doing different outdoor activities as the town is a tourist-mountain town. We stayed in cabins where we could walk to the downtown area very easily. The first night the girls from my cabin and I cooked together and the second night we all went out for dinner to a classy restaurant that served the best pizza.

The day we arrived there (Friday) we went on a scenic tour, visiting different lakes and waterfalls. The tour ended with swimming at some natural hot springs. Awesome!

I went whitewater rafting and did canopy (zip lining) through the mountains on Saturday. Sunday I was suppose to climb this active volcano with a group, but to make a long story short, I ended up having a dream the night before about the volcano erupting so I had anxiety about going the next morning at 5am when we were suppose to leave. I would have loved to try trekking the volcano but it is hard work. Two of my friends went and made it to the top. However, they were about dead afterwards. Some students in their group didn’t make it as the guides felt they couldn’t go on for various reasons. (It was a big deal to do this. You had to have certain amounts of food and water. The group that went on Saturday didn’t get to go very far due to high winds. It was too dangerous) I probably would have been one of those students so it was better that I spent my day wandering the town and hanging out at the beach…

Now I am off for my adventure to Peru!

0 Comments: